Who likes the magic of a fogy morning? Especially when it involves crossing a bridge that seems to be floating in the clouds? That’s Janelle’s favorite part of her morning commute to school. She’s moved to London only quite recently and is completely in love with this kind of weather. Almost as if someone is playing around with a magic wand!
Here she’s asked me to take a photo of her emerging out of the fog. “Can you see me? and now?” she asks eagerly, as she steps farther and farther away. I laugh. What can I say? The little bright red beret of hers is just not doing a very good job as camouflage!
Janelle is a natural-fiber art doll, a little over 18" long. She is made with Swiss cotton interlock and stuffed firmly with eco-wool from Oregon. Her hair is straight mohair weft, crocheted into a wool cap. Her face is sculpted with needle felting technique, eyes - embroidered, and cheeks - blushed with beeswax. Janelle has hand-painted freckles which, I think, make her so sweet! (Since I added them at the last moment, you may not see them on some of the pictures.)
Janelle is recommended for children 8+ or adult collectors.
Janelle will come wearing a lovely spring outfit:
- Long-sleeved onesie, crafted with gorgeous floral Liberty of London cotton lawn;
- Wide linen skirt with organic cotton underlay, trimmed with beautiful cotton lace. Skirt features snap closing in the back;
- Cardigan, hand-knitted with Shibui merino wool/silk yarn. Features a leather belt and a linen flower;
- A pair of hand-knitted mohair/silk socks;
- Beret, hand-knitted with silky soft mohair/silk yarn;
- And a pair of leather shoes with leather ties.